When you create a Patreon account, it’s hard to imagine that you may want to delete your account one day. But the truth is, sometimes people need to close their accounts for various reasons.
In this blog post, I will be going over how to delete your Patreon account and the pros and cons of Patreon.
What is Patreon?
Patreon is a platform that helps creators get paid. Creators can pledge monthly, and they will get exclusive content and rewards in return. Patreon has some of the most creative artists, musicians, podcasters, and more who use it to fund their projects while connecting with their fans.
It is a subscription service that gives you access to rewards and exclusive content from your favorite creators.
You can subscribe by either pledging a certain amount per month or making a one-time donation.
Once you have pledged, the creator will release content for their subscribers and give them access to other perks such as live chats, early access to videos, etc.
How Different Patreon Is From Other Platforms?
Before going to our main topic about how to delete your Patreon account permanently lets discuss about the uniqueness of Patreon that how it is different from others.
Patreon differs from other platforms in how it works towards the creator and subscriber. On YouTube, for example, the fans are watching the content, and on Patreon, they are supporting the creator how much they want to contribute per month.
On Facebook, for example, you can expect how many likes/shares/comments you will get on a post, but on Patreon, it has more to do with how often the creator posts and how good the rewards are that’s offered in return for how much a fan is giving towards each update.
When You Should Use Patreon?
There are ten reasons why you should use Patreon as a creator.
- You can measure how many people see your content by how much money it generates.
- It’s simple to set up and connect Patreon to other websites for sharing, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Reward your fans with exclusive content they will love.
- Build a community.
- Patreon is completely transparent, so you always know how much you make and how often.
- You’ll be able to stop worrying about how to pay the bills as a creator.
- Keep 100% ownership of your content – never have to give up any rights!.
- Make your fans feel involved in your success.
- You can offer recurring rewards to make the most of your income potential.
- You get paid directly by the people who love what you do and help you do it.
When You Shouldn’t Use Patreon?
On the other hand, there are five reasons why you might want to stay away from Patreon.
- Your content doesn’t generate enough revenue (you need at least $100 per creation).
- You don’t like how Patreon is set up and how it works.
- You’re an individual with no team, but there’s more work involved with Patreon.
- You don’t want to offer monthly subscriptions/rewards.
- You would rather not have another platform where you need to spend time updating posts, sending out notifications, etc.
How To Delete Your Patreon Account
Steps to delete Patreon account are simple and we have prepared this article about “how to delete your Patreon account” to the point and straightforward so it will not make any confusion while following the steps which are given below.
- First of all, log in to your Patreon account on the web by going to Patreon.com/login.
- Then click the delete button located at the bottom of your account settings.
- Once you have clicked that, Patreon will send an email to your primary email address with further instructions on how to proceed with deleting your account.
- You only need to confirm the deletion by clicking on a link in that email.
- Once your account is deleted, it will be deactivated and remain that way for 30 days.
- After those 30 days are over, your profile will be permanently deleted from Patreon. At this point, you will not be able to delete your profile manually since it will be permanently deleted from Patreon.
What If I Change My Mind?
If, for any reason, you would want to reactivate your account, simply log in with your information and click the restore button located at the bottom of your account settings. Then enter the amount of how much you want to revive, and you’re good to go.
Pros And Cons Of Patreon
- Creators can get a platform where they can offer their subscribers rewards and exclusive content.
- The creators will have a forum where they can converse with one another about their progress and how to enhance it.
- Patreon is easy to use from both sides, creators as well as subscribers.
- Creators need to keep up with how much they make per month to their subscribers.
- Creators need to keep up with how often they release content.
- Patreon takes a 5% cut from the creator, whether it’s one time donations or monthly subscriptions, so there is less money for the creator.
- Creators have limited control over how Patreon works since it has to follow how Patreon wants it to work.
- Creators have to do a lot of work on how to send out notifications, how often to post updates etc.
I hope that this blog post answered your query about how to delete your Patreon account and deactivate it if that’s what you want. If you have any more questions then please leave them in the comments area below.